Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (S.E.N.D)
As a Registered Childminder, I aim to follow the requirements of the EYFS (2014) and the Childcare Register (2012) and provide an inclusive environment for ALL Children and their families. I am also required to comply with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 and the SEND (Special Educational Needs Disabilities) Code of Practice 2014.
I will do this by:
· Regularly talking to Parents/Carers about the individual needs of each Child
· Talking to Children about their likes/dislikes and interests
· Encouraging Parents/Carers to tell me about family culture/religion/beliefs
· Providing a wide range of resources and activities which reflect the diversity of our local area and further afield
· Supporting each Child through sensitive observation, regular assessment and individually planned activities to
achieve their full potential
· Providing individual support depending on the Childs needs
· Using the 2 year progress check to highlight if I believe a Child is falling behind in any of the Prime Areas of learning
· Focusing on the positive things that each Child can do
· Leading by example and challenging any kind of prejudice
· Providing resources which challenge stereotypical ideas
· Sharing information about Children's learning & development and providing ideas for home learning
with Parents/Carers as required by the EYFS
· Seeking permission to ask for support from outside agencies where appropriate
· Attending appropriate training to ensure I have the skills and knowledge needed to support Children and their families
· Encouraging Children to respect each other as individuals
I welcome your feedback on my service at any time and am happy to discuss my policies verbally, or provide them in a different format for you if you wish.
If I believe a Child needs additional support, I will speak to Parents/Carers and ask permission to approach agencies which will support their Child. I will follow the graduated approach laid out in the Department for Education SEND Code of Practice to ensure every Child receives the best possible care & learning development.
Please find following some links for 1. SEND Code of Practice & 2. A SEND guide for Parents/Carers