EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage)
The EYFS sets the standard that all Early Years Providers must meet to ensure that children learn and develop well and that they are kept healthy and safe.
It promotes teaching and learning to ensure children's 'school readiness' and gives children the broad range of knowledge and skills that provide the right foundation for good future progress through school and life.
- This framework is mandatory for all Early Years Providers.
- OFSTED has regard to the EYFS in carrying out inspections.
- At the age of 2 years, your child will be checked. (Two-Year-Old Check). This is not for national or local authority reporting. It will be summative and include Next Steps. It will be written by myself, it will not involve any testing, just a summary of every day assessments. This will be discussed with parents.
- If any parent, of children who attend my setting, would like to discuss this, please book an appointment to do so.
- Further details regarding EYFS can be viewed at the following websites:-
Children are encouraged to access toys or activities independently.
I will continuously observe during play to ensure activities are planned that will further develop each child's interest, skills and language.